Wednesday 13 February 2013

DIY Tinted Moisturizer;



What you need:-

  • A moisturizer (can be any one - though your daily one is recommended)
  • A foundation (I recommend a higher coverage one to control the amount of coverage in the tinted moisturizer) 
  • A small pot to put the products in (I bought this small cosmetic travel pot/jar from Ebay)

Please choose your products carefully - If you want an SPF, pick a moisturizer or foundation with SPF in. When picking a moisturizer, think how long it takes to sink into your skin. Richer moisturizers will take longer, and add more of a shine to your face. When picking the foundation - pick one with a higher coverage so you can adjust the coverage accordingly later on - you can have it more sheer, or fuller depending on how much you add.







First of all - You need to put your moisturizer into your container - The more you put in, the more moisturizing it'll be for your skin. I've used Simple's Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturizer. I've added a fair amount of moisturizer as I have drier skin and want more hydration than coverage.


Next step - You add how much foundation you want. Remember that the more you add, the more coverage you'll have, and vice versa. I haven't added a lot as I want a sheerer coverage as well as the fact that the foundation I use (NARS Sheer Glow) drys out my skin)


Finally - You mix the two products together. You can do this by shaking the jar, or getting a cotton wool bud (or anything to mix the products together). Then you're left with your lovely DIY Tinted Moisturizer. You can always adjust the levels of foundation or moisturizer at the end, or after you've tested it to get the right hydration or coverage you want.






No comments:

Post a Comment