Wednesday 13 February 2013

Moisturisers for Dry/Sensitive/Eczema Prone Skin;


Hey all! 
Today I bring to you the best (in my personal opinion) moisturisers for Dry/Sensitive/Eczema prone skin. Now I have Dry/Sensitive skin with some Rosacea and a few broken capillaries on my cheeks, and my little boy has Eczema prone skin if I don't apply cream everyday it'll come up again. I highly recommend all these products.


Please Note:-  Your skin does take roughly 2 weeks - 4 weeks to get used to using a product. It isn't good to chop and change your products often as your skin needs to get used to them. They may give you an instant result, or work within a few days but this doesn't mean they're used to the product. 



Aqueous Cream BP - £1.99 - £2.99

You can use this as a cream, or a soap/cleanser. I personally use this as a cleaner over a cream because it makes my skin feel more refreshed than using it as a cream. It is a thin consistency, and is perfect for any of the skin types above. My mum suffers from eczema and she uses this daily as an alternative for a facial soap/gel. This takes about 10 minutes to set in if you use it as a cream. If you use this as a cleaner, you just apply it to a wet or dry face, massage it in and wash off with warm water - simple! I only use this once a week if that. I only use it if all my face is dry - if I only have a few patches I'll go with the Oilatum to get rid of it. I'm terrible at cleansing my face.




Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream  - £6 - £8

I use this on days when my face feels more dry than normal. It is a more intensive moisturiser than the other products. I know the Pixiwoo sister raved about this and they're right to do so, its amazing! It is the most thickest of all the creams. This is also great for all the skin types mentioned. I've heard that this is also great for people with Acne as well. This product takes 10 - 20 minutes to sink into your skin, which is why I normally apply it during the night so it can sink it. I do my make up at the last minute, so waiting 20 minutes is too long for me to wait.




Simple's Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer and rich replenishing moisturizer - £3

I use both of these as my daily moisturiser - I do pick one of the other depending on my skin, though they're both thin - and I don't see a difference between the two with the effect it has on my skin, or the consistency. These are great for people with sensitive skin - for dry skin or Eczema prone skin may want something thicker. My skin is normally ok due to me putting on Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask on every night - I normally put it on at 7pm - then I apply my Oilatum between 11 and 6am - being up in the night with my little boy I just apply it when I have a minute after he's fed and asleep - finally I use this in the morning before applying my make up so my face does get plenty of moisturising during the night. This product takes 5 - 10 minutes to set into your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment