Sunday 10 March 2013

Bobbi Brown Tinted Balm Review;




Bobbi Brown Tinted balm in Alabaster - £34


 I've been road testing Bobbi Browns tinted balm for a few weeks now, and it's about time I do a full review on this product. This tinted balm is marketed for people with dry skin, and I fully agree with that. If you have oily skin, stay away! 

When first applied it does need time to settle into the skin. When I first used this, it made my skin red, but after it settled in, it did leave a natural tint to my skin. It is very light coverage, so if you want anything more, this isn't for you. I wouldn't advise applying this in layer, because it does feel greasy before it sinks in.

It is a lovely soft balm, that applies nicely over the skin. I do have redness on my cheeks, and sensitive skin - the fragrance of this product may be why my skin gets a bit red after initial application. It has a really plant like smell, so if you aren't fond of smells, I would advise you go smelling first. It does have an SPF 25 which some people love, and some hate. The packaging I'd rather thick and bulky, which I'm not fond of. The glass is thick and feels expensive, but I would rather something more compact and travel friendly. 



As you can see from the picture below, Alabaster is a pretty perfect colour for anyone with a pale complexion. They have a good colour range that would suit most skin types. 

Being marketed as a balm for dry skin, it also says you can use this without using your moisturizer. I find using both is far too much for my skin, so I use one or the other, but I wouldn't use this as my go to skin base, as I need more moisture than the balm gives my skin. It is good to use on ancient off, I do use it a few times in the week, but using it too much doesn't do my skin any good.


Overall, I do really like this product's. It has pros and cons, like any product. I don't think it's worth the expensive price tag. I wouldn't buy this again, though I can see myself using this a lot in spring and summer because of how light it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment